Danya International, Inc., is bringing public health to the 2013 Social Media Week party with the Google+ Hangout, Engaging Women in Public Health Through Social Media on Tuesday, September 24 at 2 p.m. EST.
The Danya Digitalists, our special in-house team devoted to all things digital all the time, gathered a multi-generational group composed of women who are social media and public health experts and influencers to share best practices, cutting-edge information, and perspectives for engaging women in public health through social media. The Hangout’s panelists include:
- Rebecca Aguilar: Emmy award-winning reporter and social media coach (@RebeccaAguilar)
- Barbara Ficarra, RN: HealthIn30.com founder, health educator, and Huffington Post contributor (@BarbaraFicarra)
- Dr. Sandra Ford: Director of the DeKalb County (Georgia) Board of Health (@HealthyDeKalb)
- Michele Late: American Public Health Association, Executive Editor of The Nation’s Health (@michelelate)
- Pam Moore: Expert in Google+, Facebook, and social business (@PamMktgNut)
- Patricia Redsicker: Healthcare writer and content marketing expert (@predsicker)
- Elin Silveous: Entrepreneur and advocate in health and social media (@ElinSilveous)
Erin Edgerton Norvell, Danya’s Senior Director for Communication Strategy and Digital and the moderator for this event, said, “We’re excited about taking our Social Media Week event to the digital streets. It’s also a great opportunity to highlight women who understand the impact of social media in public health.”
Our panel of experts will answer your questions about what channels and forums they have used to communicate successfully with women about health, the public health topics most discussed by women online, and preparing your social media resources for reaching women in the future, among others.
So jump into the conversation on the Google+ page, share your questions and thoughts with @DanyaIntl on Twitter using the #W4PH (that’s short for “Women for Public Health”), or email the event’s coordinator, Carlos Chapman, for more details. We look forward to hanging out with you!
About Social Media Week
Social Media Week is a leading media platform and worldwide event with local presence and global reach across five continents, including Europe, North America, South America, Africa, and Asia. Because of the shift we are experiencing and the changes happening in our lives, society, culture, and business, our mission is to capture, curate, and share the most meaningful ideas, trends, and best practices with regard to technology and social media’s impact on business, society, and culture. For more information, visit www.socialmediaweek.org.
By Kianta Key